CEH Week in Review 9/29

Its almost October and it really is beginning to feel like fall. I've been loving the crisp cool mornings this week. Here is what has been happening around CEH.



The two Black Copper Marans pullets that we kept from this hatch have been introduced into our main flock and are adjusting well. 


Maybelline, our 2 year old Black Copper Marans hen went to live with another family last week. She was always a sweet girl and we hope that she will be happy at her new farm.



From the Olive Egger Hatch we had 9 new babies. We are keeping 4 of them and these 5 found new homes this weekend at my local barnyard groups monthly Flock Swap. 


Tragedy struck this week. One of the babies mysteriously disappeared from the maternity ward coop. The only thing I could think it could be was a snake. So Brenda & Henrietta have and the two remaining babies have been moved to another location. The move caused Henrietta to give up on sitting on her 3 remaining eggs so those have been placed in our incubator to continue cooking.


Our rabbit, Ollie's house got a re-model this week. Here he is checking out his new digs.


Our sweet Ollie.




Those who know me well know I have a huge farmer crush on Joel Salatin. This week I received an autographed copy of his new book Fields of Farmers. I'm only a chapter or so into it and I'm loving it thus far. 



We reached a milestone of 2000 fans over on our Facebook Page this week. Thank you to everyone who follows along with us over there. Colored Egg Homestead started as a little page where we could share our chickens and farm happenings with friends and family and has now grown into a wonderful community of people who share our interests. We are humbled and appreciative of your continued support and encouragement. 



1.Mustache Earrings $8.50  2. Bumblebee necklace $16  3. Faith Hope Love Necklace $16   4. Butterfly Necklace $16

 I've been steadily adding new items to my Etsy Shop in preparation of the upcoming holiday season. Here are a few new items I added this week. Visit www.ktnunna.com to see these and more. 


Links we loved this week:



Have a great Week Friends!!



Thanks for stopping by and please keep in touch!
Find Colored Egg Homestead on Facebook: here
Follow me on Pinterest :here
Subscribe to this blog via email: here









No comments:

Post a Comment