Six Fun & Festive DIY Outdoor Holiday Decoration Ideas

'Tis the season.  Its hard to believe that the holiday season is upon us already. Seems like it sneaks up more quickly every year! I love holiday decor but despise paying tons of money for them. So, I've compiled this collection of super fun and festive DIY outdoor holiday decorations to share with you. 





I love this idea from The Lily Pad Cottage for Christmas Window Boxes. They look positively festive and I was blown away that she used inexpensive bouncy balls and spray paint to achieve this look. You could make extra and hang them as ornaments if you have a front yard tree that needs a little Christmas as well!



This project may be a little more involved than most folks would consider tackling but I just had to include it in this list. Greg & Ashley from Seventh House on the Left put together this vintage television set featuring a scene from the 1964 classic Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer. I think this is just fabulous and I admire their creativity on this project. 



Michelle from A Little Tipsy created this 3 ft 3D polka dot gift for a mere $10 in supplies. She gives a great tutorial on how to make these on her blog. Imagine a few in various sizes and colors on your front porch! The possibilities are endless. BONUS: Pull the pieces apart and they lay flat for storage! 



Amy over at The Happy Scraps shows us how to make these lovely arrow signs. She used a neat reverse vinyl technique for the lettering and also created a fun "snow" look on the signs.  The finished product is adorable!



I love these handmade luminaries from Rachel at My Happy Crafts. I like that they were made using recycled food cans. This is an easy and inexpensive craft that even kids can do (with supervision, of course) 



I also enjoyed the homemade wreath tutorials over at  Untrained Housewife.  Have you seen the prices of wreaths at the big box stores? Not cheap! I love that you can make your own simply and inexpensively all while showcasing your own style and creativity. 


Tell me about how you decorate for the holidays. Leave a comment and share your favorite decoration or Holiday DIY project. 



Thanks for stopping by and please keep in touch!
Find Colored Egg Homestead on Facebook: here
Follow me on Pinterest : here
Subscribe to this blog via E-mail: here






No comments:

Post a Comment