28th Annual Sustainable Agriculture Conference

http://www.carolinafarmstewards.org/sac/

I am getting VERY excited about attending the 28th Annual Sustainable Agriculture Conference coming up November 15th-17th. I keep catching myself looking over the schedule, the speakers, the hands-on events and dreaming about all the delicious fresh local food that will be served. 


The conference is being held in fabulous foodie Durham NC and is jam-packed with tons of fun farm tours, intensives, workshops and speakers. Just take a look at all the activities and events in the full schedule

I feel so blessed that I was chosen as one of the recipients of the William W. Dow Beginning Farmer & Rancher Scholarship  from the Carolina Farm Stewardship Association which has enabled me to be able to attend this event. I'm going to try my best to soak up all the information that will be at my fingertips. I can't wait to network with others who are passionate about local and sustainable food and learn from them. I have no previous farming background which is why I jokingly refer to myself as a 'first generation self taught urban farmer' but I have big dreams of a farm of my own. This event is sure to give me some insight on how to make this dream become reality.

Now the hard part is choosing which workshops to attend. There are SO many choices. Topics ranging from Finding Land to Farm, No-Till Organics, Pastured Poultry, Pork Production, Fermentation, Growing A Lot on Small Acreage and many, many, more. 

Today is the last day for advance registration. Don't miss the food and farm event of the year. http://www.carolinafarmstewards.org/sac-register/

I'll see you there!

Thanks for stopping by and please keep in touch!
Find Colored Egg Homestead on Facebook: here
Follow me on Pinterest : here
Subscribe to this blog via E-mail: here


1 comment:

  1. I really wanted to go to this, but I didn't hear about it was too late for me to round up animal and childcare! I hope you had fun!
    Sarah @ The Free Range Life

    ReplyDelete